GIRL TO BOY

THE ROAD I CHOSE
The moment of despair or the moment of solace in the middle of the storm…I could never decide between the two…
It’s been so many months now I have lost my count on the calendar, I look out my window and fetch my eyes to infinity to discover those footsteps… The sound of those footsteps made my heart skip a beat in anxiousness… I always wished time could feel my heart beating and for once pounding slower than me… But time was always a major condition between us… Had I been God I would have surely frozen those few moments when lovers meet and get captivated by each other’s aura…But thank God I'm not God, else for me, time would never travel when I met you... Alas, when I think of you in my mind, in my dreams it seems so authentic and valid… Yet when so-called reality strikes or should I say when I wake up from my dreams everything just perish into nothingness…
Robert Frost said in his The Road Not Taken to choose between the two roads and I also chose a road but not amongst the choices I had… I constructed my own road… Both his roads had defiance but mine..well my roads sadly have no ending… My road makes u immortal, it makes me happy for that brief moment to swipe me off my feet and then crash me down to that hardcore reality… I am a nomad, a wanderer traveling endlessly on that path that withers my mortality each day… I can't be on that road whenever I want, it's just my dreams that make me haunt the path…Just when I close my eyes I pray to see you fondle in my subconscious and I pray to be able to talk to you… I don’t know what I’m gonna say but I know for sure that I need to say something… I’m in dire need of a conversation that I know I can never ever have with anyone… I don’t want no shiny stars or fancy surroundings, I just want u holding my hand looking at me with your hazel eyes… I just want to float on a cloud with you and talk endlessly to you…

GIRL


Oh there you are
Pinch me if it’s an illusion
I don’t see a scar
It’s definitely you and me and my dream


BOY
I bathe in the moonlight
But the moon surpasses me

GIRL
I have a million things to say
but I'm always eclipsed by the silence
draped in grey..

BOY
Let this silence be the flute
say nothing, let your eyes play

GIRL
The flute is melancholic
and my eyes are tired with the tears of music

BOY
Not the flute, it's the music that
brings tears to your eyes
and who said those tears
have nothing to say
cuz remember it the dawn that follows
after the dew drops stop to pray

GIRL
Every dusk and every dawn
to me.... are Gemini of sun signs
I camouflage in tears of sorrow
because sometimes there is deeper hurt than those drops

BOY
No use in being stuck with
ur sorrows it's in vain
because nothing in this world sticks forever

whatever sign u relate it to,
it's all like a lotus and a drop of water

GIRL
Its better said than done
the surface of the lotus merely glows
sitting on top of filth beneath that indigenous sun
no one ever sees its roots stuck in sorrows...

BOY
Is it shining
or is it pale..??
lotus transcends them both
quiet and peaceful above the surface
with its roots stuck deep within
the nectar flowing all over it

GIRL
But when I drown in ur hazel eyes
I just don’t know how to swim
when u wrap me in your arms with that nectar of love
I see us together as those symbolic white doves...
u embrace me with thy words
they only ring in my ears
when I wanna hear them from you
why does that nectar taste bitter...

BOY
Maybe u r used to infinite sweetness

GIRL
Maybe in that tornado, you lost your tenderness

BOY
Think again....who lost it

GIRL
I always thought...and now I know...'twas my myth

BOY
So embrace life
because I know u want a smile
and life has nothing else to offer

GIRL
Why thou u talk like this
it tears my heart into million pieces
I care no more for the earthly emotions
without u I have no reason
to brace the necklace of pearls on my face
which every morning on seeing u made me wear it with grace

BOY
Thinking of these characters
makes u shiver, no doubt
because it's not just a story
it's complete life in itself
so wear this necklace
whose pearls remind u
of phases going by
and the thread of
the bliss lying underneath
here's my gift to you


GIRL
Thought to myself..u could not be more surreal
u r my breath but only u r not real
these characters are the ashes I have left with me
in my dreams I speak to u relentlessly
u choose to dress me with these pearls in my illusion
and when I wake the thread is broken
that had my pearls of imagination...



Comments

  1. being involved with this write-up brings immense solace and an undying charm in my heart
    thank you
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnq robin...thnx fr all the help...twas an awesome journey..

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome Friend ...!! super ,,,keep It Up...!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anti and matter battle in me

The Heavenly Touch

SUGAR IN MY COFFEE