A lie's truth

Our saviour subject to his parents at Nazareth by John Rogers Herbert - Victorian Web

Why do I have to lie?

Why not?
Will they believe your truth?

They won't, they can't 
But I wish they could

What a waste of wish,
on a thought that is childish?
They played an immense role,
at-least till you were eighteen.
But in your life, like in the movies,
their short appearance is over,
and now, you lead it till the 'the end.'

But they are my DNAs,

Well, so is our African mother.

and have been with me
in all the chilly Januarys 
and the sunny Mays.

Hey, now you are mixing the two!
The facts of life and the vulnerable you.

How can I let them go?

Who said you have to?

You did!

Really, did I?
My apologies, then.
And we should start again.
When you were a child
You were innocent and wild
So much to learn, so much to find
The truth of your life which is unique like your DNA
You are theirs, the mixture of two,
and so many others that you will never know
They fed you bread, butter and some unsaid rules
And they sent you to a Christian school
But were they successful in making you a Christian?

No, certainly not
In fact, my Christian schooling,
I completely forgot

Well, there you go
You have learnt to criticise your makers
So lets light it up
And cloud the line between the truth and the lie...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti and matter battle in me

The Heavenly Touch

SUGAR IN MY COFFEE