The colour of my dupatta


Image: Ujala Chowdhry


In my dupatta,
lies a life's full cycle.
In my dupatta,
lies life's invisible structures.


The colour of my dupatta,
is important to you.
You want it to be white
when I lose my precious child.
Black or grey,
for when I give my sister away.
If I wear the wrong dupatta
you will strip me off my integrity


you will make me change the damned dupatta
Till the colour is right
Till all my blood flows out from my veins
and onto my dupatta it rains,


the colour red.
In which you'll gladly let me be with a man in bed.
And choke me with it
When he is dead.


My dupatta colours people's imagination
If I'm naked underneath
People imagine invagination


If I'm naked underneath
The colour of my dupatta becomes redundant
The colour of my skin then raises the heat
And I've again been stripped of my integrity.


You see me as a whore,
fuck me to my skin's core,
and tear the dupatta that held my dignity.


In my dupatta lies a woman
A woman who is often seen as a demon
The dupatta wards off the evil
but can't ward off the inner devil.
I, eventually, learn to throw it away


And bare the truth that the dupatta was supposed to hide
I also learn to hang it on the side
And bare the breasts anyway
A white transparent dupatta
Now often covers the lust for thrust.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heavenly Touch

Anti and matter battle in me

SUGAR IN MY COFFEE