A flower in my barren garden

A long time ago
I owned a luscious garden
From where I could go
To the house of stones which never got hardened
I could walk on them like dust on cotton
I could bathe in the river
Sing in the medow
Dance in the forest
Watch the sky glow
A long long time ago...

My garden was a retreat
A retreat for my brain
With Jasmines smelling
Roses blooming
Bogainvillea,
pink, white and yellow
Lilies singing to my nose
a song of repose
And tonight I sing to thee
the song that flutters in my belly
a fire that ignited me in Delhi
and burnt my garden

I sit alone in my deserted garden
dunking my head in my legs
think of you and your sweet smelling air
much sweeter than my Jasmines
My flowers never came back to life
because they knew
to compete with thee
they'll have to blow up the air
with a smell that now intoxicates me
the weeds in garden
are taking over
and intoxicating me more

They know,
I know,
the weeds know,
that I need you more,
Much more than before...

I still own the garden
but it's barren now
it doesn't smell like before
just some reminisce of your perfume
 soft touch and breath
englufs me when I take my Juhu walks
on the concrete that's hardened now
the rivers are thirsty for your reflection
the foresets want you to dance with me
the lilies want us to sing together

They know,
I know,
the Bougainvilleas know,
that you are the flower in my barren garden...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti and matter battle in me

The Heavenly Touch

SUGAR IN MY COFFEE